Monday, November 12, 2007

Back again and trying stuff

I think I've found a reason to do this blog thing. I found a place that does audio hosting so I'm gonna post some audio.

OK. I'm too tired to actually be posting so I'll just get on with it:

This is a piece called: Eight Plus Minutes on John Cage's "Experimental Music" It is an audio critique that I put together for my Literary Criticism class.

It is 8:59 minutes long so hang in there. For those who don't know John Cage, he is a composer that was interested in sound of all kinds includint silence. He complsed one piece called 4' 33" whch consists of a pianist sitting at the keyboard with the cover closed. At intervals the player raised the cover and closes it again to signify the change in movements.

"I composed this piece note by note and all the notes were silent. When I strung them all together it equaled 4 minutes and 33 seconds" John Cage

If you want to know more check out the collection of essays and lectures entitled "Silence."

http://web.splashcast.net/catalog/channel_details.aspx?code=MTZU5480YC
The above link needs to be pasted into your brouser.

Lets see if this one works the way Splashcast says it will.

No comments: